Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This past weekend I got the pleasure of attending a pretty awesome, fantasy themed, housewarming luau. What is a fantasy themed, housewarming luau you ask? Well, its a bounce house, leis, an inflatable slip-n-slide, reeeeeally good food, tiki torches, water balloons, and of course beer, lots and lots of beer.

 The fantasy part was a bit non-existent, but the hostess donned a pretty cool space kitty outfit, and I'm certain there was an extremely fashionable "grandma" planting red lipped kisses on cheeks. I chose to be the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. Although my look was a simple (a playful white skirt and floral button up), I decided I needed to have a little fun with the rabbit ears, so I sat out on a DIY adventure. Armed with floral wire, fabric from an old dress, hot glue, and some good tunes, I made some rather lovely bunny ears. Of course in a frenzy of seeing old friends and having far too much fun, I lost them...so here's what I have to show for my diy adventuring, iPhone style. 


I made the structure with an old headband and floral wire shaped like rabbit ears...


 Ripping long strips from an old (and quite distressed dress) I began to wrap the headband...


and then the ears...


I'm a bunny now!!

1 comment: