Tuesday, May 7, 2013


I finally have become the crazy artist who wants to pack up with absolutely nothing and leave home. I've been living on my own for four years now, but in the capacity in which I'm about to attempt, never. It's not everyday I muster enough courage to tell my family and friends "I'm leaving! And I might not come back!" Thats not exactly how I said it, but I finally did, and WOOOOH! It feels great! I'm now gathering what little belongings I have, and leaving the nest that Detroit has become for me. Everything that has taken place in my life the last eight or so months has lead up to this very moment. Yes, even me writing this first post. EVERYTHING. I'm beyond grateful for every experience I've had and in this short life of mines I've learned so many valuable things. I know getting away from my "easy" life and figuring things out in an environment where I'm forced to use every skill set, will be a definite test of the knowledge that has been bestowed upon me. I'm starting to shape the person who I'm meant to be (sorry for the cliche)-  Kristian Chanel, future art educator of the wooooorld. I'm quite excited to see where this journey takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment